Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Finals behind me

With finals behind me, I realize just how much we've learned over the past two terms: a lot of weighty, important, and novel concepts relating to health problems facing the U.S., ideas for better policy, approaches to improving health services, and upstream determinants of public health. We've been given the skills to measure the supporting information and communicate this new-found knowledge.
What we have gained is nothing short of impressive, and it's a good thing, because the road ahead is daunting. There are more problems than can be discussed over Thanksgiving dinner (I tried), and the solutions are more complex than a turkey and pie-sated public can wrap their heads around (I tried that, too...). Fortunately, there is more learning ahead so that we can further equip ourselves for the change-making down the road.

-Matthew H. Davis

No comments: